This is a riff on the classic cocktail, Cameron’s Kick, a mix of Irish Whiskey, Scotch Whisky, lemon juice and orgeat syrup. It was a popular drink during the 1930s in both the UK & France. Jack has added a simple twist by adding the very aromatic Masala Chai Tea infusion, chocolate liqueur, sherry and bitters.
It’s a great representation of the Teeling Small Batch- the malt shines wonderfully as does the subtle aromatic rum notes.
To a shaker add;
- 1.5oz Masala Chai Tea infused Small Batch Cocktail
- .5oz Creme de Cacao blanc (white cocktail liqueur)
- .75oz Oloroso Sherry
- 1oz fresh lemon juice
- .5oz Orgeat Syrup
- 3 dashes Dr. Adams Teapot Bitters
Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a pre-chilled cocktail glass.
Finish with freshly grated nutmeg.
For the infusion;
- 750mls Teeling Small Batch
- 2oz loose Masala Chai tea
Macerate for 20 minutes
Strain through a fine sieve
Infusion is ready!