Multi award winning Thai restaurant, Diep Le Shaker have added yet another award to their jam-packed mantelpiece! This time, the kudos goes to Cian Lynch who delivered the delectable “Golden Brown” cocktail, taking home the coveted title of Dublin’s Best Cocktail at the Dublin Cocktail Festival last week. Voted for by Dublin’s most astute cocktail enthusiasts (the public!) and consisting of our own Teeling Small Batch Blend, we’re delighted to congratulate Cian and all the team at Diep for this big win!
The lads have shared their winning recipe with us and we’re lovingly sharing it with you, why not give it a try at home and enjoy with friends!
The Golden Brown, Cian Lynch
Ingredients (for 5 cocktails)
- 250ml Teeling Small Batch
- 37.5ml Pear Cognac
- 87.5ml Cinnamon & Clove syrup
Almond foam Syrup ingredients (for 5 cocktails)
- 100g brown sugar
- 100ml water
- 1 sticks cinnamon
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 star anise
- pinch of salt
- Almond milk – one cup
- Lemon juice – 1/2 cup
- Disaronno – 2 shots
- Water – 50 mls
- 1 sheet of Gelatin
- First make the foam. Use almond milk, lemon juice, Disaronno with one gelatin sheet. Add to an ISi 1 litre or half litre cream whipper, charge twice, shake well and leave in the fridge for a few hours.
- Stir in our Teeling Small Batch Blend Whiskey with xante pear cognac and the syrup for 60 seconds.
- Fill a martini glass 1/3 full with the foam. Strain the liquid in and it will go underneath as the foam will naturally rise to the top.
- Garnish with caramelised pear.