This refreshing summertime drink has been crafted by our Global Brand Ambassador, Kevin Hurley, and incorporates fresh berry tea flavours, reminiscent of favourite childhood iced treats! Fresh summer fruits such as pink grapefruit, raspberry and vanilla dance on the tongue with a refreshing citrus and ginger kick to finish. Perfect for the bank holiday weekend ahead!!
We use Wall & Keogh in our iced tea cocktails. The guys from Wall & Keogh have over 150 varieties of loose leaf, organic tea in their tea house nestled in Portobello, Dublin 2 . We have chosen their “Granny’s Country Garden Fruit Tea” for its aromatic and fruit filled flavour. It contains elderberry and apple pieces, beetroot, hibiscus, blackberries, redcurrants, raspberries and strawberries
This recipe is perfect for both individual serves, pre-batched or punch style cocktails and of course, lends itself wonderfully to being enjoyed with friends this summer! It is our summer festival cocktail for 2015, one which we’re really looking forward to showing off at Bloom in The Park (this weekend!) and Taste of Dublin, make sure you pop by and try or let us know how you get on if you decide to fly solo!
- 40ml Teeling Small Batch
- 20ml Aperol
- 15ml Ginger Liqueur
- 30ml Lemon Juice
- 10ml Sugar Syrup
- 60ml Wall & Keogh* Granny’s Country Garden Fruit Tea
- Make a weak tea by infusing 1tsp of Granny’s Country Garden Fruit tea to 150ml hot water and allow to infuse for 4-5 mins.
- Allow tea to cool
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass/Julep cup filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with fresh raspberry, mint sprig and fresh root ginger.
Join the conversation & let us know how you get on!
@TeelingWhiskey | #SpiritofDublin | #TeelingTipple | #TeelingIcedTea