This recipe has been lovingly created by our own Global Brand Ambassador, Kevin Hurley and is the perfect winter warmer. The traditional hot buttered rum is a mixed drink containing rum, butter (yes, butter!!), hot water or cider, a sweetener (often brown sugar) and various seasonal spices (cinnamon is key!). It’s traditionally associated with the holiday season and good times!
The Hot Buttered Teeling Whiskey is a riff on this classic rum based seasonal drink, using our rum cask finished Small Batch Blend as the perfect substitute for rum.
Why is our Teeling Small Batch Blend the perfect substitute? Glad you asked… Our Teeling Small Batch Blend has been given additional time to mature (around 6 months) in South American rum casks, imparting a deliciously smooth and extra sweet flavour, totally unique for an Irish Whiskey. Bottled at 46%, the Teeling Small Batch gives this Hot Buttered cup of deliciousness a touch of spice that we all just love!
It is the ultimate accompaniment to the festive weekend ahead! Fly solo with the recipe below and enjoy with friends and family this festive season.
- 50ml Teeling Small Batch
- 120ml Hot water
- 1tbsp Spiced butter mix (see below)
- Aerated double cream with orange zest
For the spiced butter mix (makes enough for 10-12 servings & can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks)
- Half a pound softened unsalted butter,
- Half a pound muscavado sugar,
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon,
- 1tsp ground Nutmeg,
- 1 tsp ground all spice,
- ¼tsp ground clove,
- Put all ingredients into food processor and blend into a spicey, buttery paste
- Add hot water and 1 tbsp of the spiced butter mix and stir until dissolved.
- Add 50ml of Teeling Small Batch Blend and a layer of the aerated cream.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg and enjoy!
Find us and join the conversation
@TeelingWhiskey | #WinterWarmer