You’ve shaken, you’ve stirred, now it’s time to float! The final installment of our Cocktail Countdown is a St. Patrick’s Day essential. Crafting the perfect Irish Coffee is a fine art, but if you’ve made it through Part 1 and 2 we think you’re ready!
For this rich and traditional tipple, we’re breaking out our Small Batch Whiskey!
Teeling Irish Coffee
What you’ll need:
- 40ml Teeling Small Batch
- 120ml Freshly Brewed, Robust Coffee
- 20ml Demerara Sugar Syrup
- Orange Zested Cream
- Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- Preheat glass with some warm water and discard
- Add the Teeling Small Batch, demerara sugar syrup, coffee and hot water and stir to combine.
- Warm a large spoon and gently pour the cream over the back of the spoon to float on top of the coffee.
- Garnish with a light dusting of grated nutmeg.
As the story goes, the Irish Coffee was invented and named by Joe Sheridan in Foynes County Limerick. It was made famous when Stanton Delaplane, a travel writer for the San Francisco Chronicle brought it to the Buena Vista Café in San Francisco in 1952.
An alternate version of this tale however, roots the origins of this legendary beverage firmly in our own Dublin City…find a copy of our upcoming Cocktail Companion to find out more..!
You’ve made it! You’re now ready to go forth and preach the good news of the cocktail, St. Patrick would be proud!