With the countdown to St. Patrick’s Day officially underway, we present to you the first in a series of three daily cocktail cheat-sheets to have you skilled up in time for the big day!
With the release of our official Teeling Whiskey Cocktail Companion around the corner, consider this a sneak preview of what’s to come!
Today’s recipe features Teeling Single Grain – aged fully in Cabernet Sauvignon red wine casks, this whiskey has a subtle fruity, red berry character complemented by the light sweetness of the it’s corn base.
The Teeling Tipperary
What you’ll need:
- 50ml Teeling Single Grain
- 20ml Sweet Vermouth (Carpano Antica, Dolin or similar)
- 10ml Green Chartreuse
- 2 dash Peychauds/Angostura bitters
- Add all ingredients to mixing glass with ice and stir for at least 30 seconds or until desired dilution is achieved
- Strain into a chilled small coupe glass
- Garnish with an expressed lemon peel
The Tipperary is an old pre-prohibition cocktail that first started to appear in cocktail books around the early years of the last century. An enduring classic, it is said to even out-date the song that shares it’s name “It’s a long way to Tipperary”, recorded in 1914!
Drop by again tomorrow for the second edition of our cocktail countdown!