Over 90 awards won by Teeling Whiskey over the past 3 years
Teeling Whiskey, Ireland’s leading independent whiskey producer, continues to shine on a national stage picking up three accolades at the 2016 Irish Whiskey Awards last night. The Teeling Trinity range of Irish whiskeys all won Gold, while the Teeling Single Grain won Best in Class and the Teeling Small Batch scooped the top prize for Irish Whiskeys under €60. Last night’s success brings the total of awards won by Teeling Whiskey to over 90 in the past three years alone.
This year’s Irish Whiskey Awards were held in Tullamore last night and honour the very best of Irish Whiskey, which is continuing to blaze a trail on the international spirits market. Held annually before Dublin’s Whiskey Live, voting duties were carried out by members of the Celtic Whiskey Club and the Irish Whiskey Society. All submitted entries were subjected to a series of blind tastings, the results of which determined the winner of each awards category.
It’s been an award winning year for Teeling Whiskey. Earlier this year, the company reigned supreme at the World Whiskies Awards, which is a premier celebration of the finest whiskies across the globe. Teeling Whiskey triumphed in two World’s Best categories and walked away with a clean sweep of Gold Medals at the Spirit’s Masters Awards 2016, the International Wine & Spirits Competition and the Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2016.
Jack Teeling, founder of the Teeling Whiskey Company said: “Our ethos of quality and innovation ensures that what goes into every bottle of Teeling Whiskey is something we strive to perfect every day. As such it is very rewarding for our efforts to be consistently recognised by both domestic and international experts. Last night’s award wins, coupled with the other international accolades that we have picked up this year, allows us to continue to lead the renaissance for independent Irish whiskey producers.”
Furthermore, Teeling Whiskey has just been honoured for the second year in a row by the International Wine and Spirits Competition making 2016’s Worldwide Whiskey Producer of the Year Shortlist. Now in its 47th year, the International Wine & Spirit Competition awards themselves will take place on the 16th of November, awarding excellence in the wines and spirits category.
Highlights of 2016 award wins by the Teeling Whiskey Company are included below:
World Whiskies Awards 2016
- Teeling Single Grain – World’s Best Grain Whisky
- Teeling Single Malt – Best Irish Single Malt (No Age Statement)
- Teeling Revival Single Malt – Category Winner- Irish Single Malt 13 to 20 Years (Revival)
- Teeling 24 Year Old – World’s Best Irish Single Malt
Spirit’s Masters Awards 2016 – Irish Whiskey Masters 2016
- Teeling Single Grain – GOLD medal
- Teeling Small Batch – GOLD medal
- Teeling Single Malt – GOLD Medal
- Teeling Revival Single Malt Volume 2 – GOLD medal
- Teeling Distillery Spirits Of Dublin Poitin – MASTER Medal
Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2016
- Teeling Single Grain – 93 points, Excellent Highly Recommended – Chairman’s Trophy (Single Grain)
- Teeling Single Malt – 92 points, Excellent Highly Recommended
- Teeling Whiskey Madeira Single Cask – Silver Outstanding 2016
- Teeling Whiskey – The Spirit of Dublin Poitin – Gold 2016
- Teeling Whiskey Small Batch –Silver Outstanding 2016