It’s that wonderful time of year again, the time we dust off our Teeling Whiskey, Bacon and Maple Syrup pancake recipe!
Everyone has a family recipe for the humble pancake and we’re not about to claim to be experts in that, but here’s a reminder of the basics before we get into some whiskey sauce alchemy:
Simple Pancake Batter Ingredients (makes 10 decent size pancakes):
- 100g Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 300ml Milk
- Tablespoon of melted butter
Add the ingredients to a bowl, and make sure to stir while gradually adding the milk to avoid lumps. Whisk to a good thick batter for about a minute. Let the mixture sit for a half an hour. Cook your pancakes in an oiled frying pan on medium heat for about 1 min per side (theatrical flipping optional).
The Secret Sauce – Whiskey, Bacon and Maple Syrup:
Now come the important part, you’ll need:
- 40ml Teeling Small Batch Irish Whiskey
- 350ml high quality Canadian Maple Syrup (They’re the experts in this department)
- 350g streaky Irish bacon
- Cook half the bacon to a crisp in a hot frying pan.
- Crumble this into small bits and add to the maple syrup and Teeling Whiskey in a saucepan on low heat, stirring as you bring it to the simmer.
- Turn off heat and cover saucepan (you don’t want this syrup to be too hot).
- Cook the remaining bacon to your liking.
- Drizzle the syrup over a stack of fresh pancakes, and delicately place bacon strips on top before devouring.
We hope your Pancake Tuesday is as indulgent as ours! Send us your pics at #SpiritofDublin if you can spare a second before demolishing!